so how is that done?
1. download mumble-1.1.8.tar.gz
2. extract it
3. download libcap-2.16.tar and extract it as welll -> ./configure && make but not make install
4. now go into the mumble source directory and edit src/murmur/murmur.pro
LIBS+= -L /home/joachim/mumble-1.1.8/libcap-2.16/libcap -lcap
INCLUDEPATH += /home/joachim/mumble-1.1.8/libcap-2.16/libcap/include/
i just added this two lines, check the path in your installation
5. now we have to invoke qmake to generate the ‘Makefile’ with
qmake main.pro CONFIG+=no-client CONFIG+=no-ice CONFIG+=no-dbus
6. finally we do
- if something fails in the make step, either play with the Makefile (which will be lost after doing ‘make distclean‘ of course
- in case you want to play with the murmur.pro you should use ‘make distclean‘ and then step 5 again, else you will not get a new Makefile and it won’t work
7. we need to give the dynamic linker the library at runtime, this is done with one little command:
That’s it. Once the concpets are obvious doing things like that gets fairly easy.